Sunday 28 August 2011

Sculptural dress designing - My new RUBY dress

New from Serendipity Girls Designer Dresses

A gorgeous rich ruby red crystal pleated dress for age 2. It has little short sleeves and pleats fall from the waist. The buttons at the back of the dress are an unusual heraldic design showing a 'coat of arms' - very English! The twisted trim at the waist creates a sculptural feel to the dress design. One of my hobbies is family tree research and I discovered my 5th great grand uncle , Daniel Masters (1712-1746) was a tailor in Swanage, Dorset and he had an 18 year old apprentice to help him for 3 years. At the end of the term Daniel had to make the apprentice a 'goode new suit for Holy-Days and another for the Working-Days'

Age2: Chest 60.5cms 23.5ins Waist 61cms 24 ins Dress length from shoulder to hem is 43cms, 17 ins
92% polyester 8% elastane Machine washable @ 40C but wash with like colours. The fabric does not crease
See the RUBY dress in more detail, see the slideshow



3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely cute little dress!!! I love the colour :)

    lovely blog, certainly following! pls do check out mine and follow too if u like it, it'll mean so so much to me :) thx!

    xx
    Erika
    http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby dress perfect for summer, I liked it Serendipity Girls..... Keep it up...

    Belle Monde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following my blog! I'm following you back ;)
    http://blackfashionbird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete